Lost Love in the City of Dreams

Mumbai, the city that never sleeps. The chaotic streets filled with honking cars, bustling markets, and the aroma of street food wafting through the air. This is where our story begins...

As soon as my flight touched down at Mumbai airport, a sense of excitement and anticipation washed over me. I knew that I had arrived in the city of dreams. I came to Mumbai with a single dream – to marry the girl I loved. We had been in a long-distance relationship for quite some time, but I couldn't bear the distance any longer. That's why I started to look for a job in Mumbai. I couldn't imagine a life without her, and I knew she had her own dreams of becoming an actress. Over our frequent phone conversations, she used to playfully tease me about coming to Mumbai. At that time, I would dismiss it as I was focused on my career and job. However, things took a sudden turn when she stopped taking my calls. It was incredibly tough for me, and my frustration grew. That's when I made the decision to move to Mumbai. 

Luckily, my friend Ali, who already lived here, helped me a lot in finding a job in his company. It seemed like luck was on my side as if even the universe wanted me to come to Mumbai. Everything fell into place, and I was offered a job in the company immediately.

I tried calling her again after coming out of the airport, but her number appeared to be switched off. I could hear a lady with a Maharashtrian accent saying that the number was switched off. This made me even more anxious and at the same worried as I began to have negative thoughts, so I immediately called my friend Ali. While I was in Delhi, I asked him to find out about her and let her know that I would be coming to Mumbai soon. However, I hadn't heard from him, which worried me even more. 

When Ali finally answered the phone after three or four rings, he told me to meet him at Marine Drive. He asked me to book an Ola cab and go straight there, as he would meet me at the location. I took out my phone, booked an Ola cab to Marine Drive, and waited for it. As I waited, my mind was filled with various thoughts. 

I wondered how she would react to seeing me in Mumbai and imagined that she would be very excited. I was so engrossed in these thoughts when suddenly I received a call from the Ola cab driver. I located the cab, boarded it after placing my luggage, and we started the journey. According to Google Maps, it would take around an hour to reach Marine Drive from the airport. I couldn't wait to arrive as soon as possible, as I was filled with excitement. Throughout the journey, all I could think about was her: her laughter, her smile that I used to envision, and our conversations. I closed my eyes and imagined being by her side, holding her hand while walking on Juhu Beach or taking photos at the Gateway of India. I thought about what I would say to her when I meet her for the first time and how I would propose to her. I had even bought a ring for her in Delhi.

Suddenly, something crossed my mind, and I asked the driver to stop the car at a florist. I purchased a beautiful bunch of white lilies, as they were her favorite flowers, and then we continued our journey. Lost in my imagination once again, I smiled, knowing that she would be so happy to see me.

And then, before I knew it, we had finally arrived at our destination, and I spotted my friend Ali standing at Marine Drive. I hopped out of the cab and rushed over to give him a big hug. After settling my fare and grabbing my luggage and flowers, I could sense that Ali was a bit hesitant. I looked at him and asked, "Hey Ali, what's wrong?"

He proceeded to share the whole story of how he discovered where she lived and also how he managed to find his way there. But then, his words suddenly faltered. He revealed the devastating news that she had already passed away - she had taken her own life, unable to bear the struggle of pursuing her dream to become an actress when good projects weren't coming her way. I was utterly shocked by this revelation. It felt like time had come to a standstill, and I had lost everything in the world. I couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't listened to her earlier when she had told me to come here, and why I had waited so long. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and unleash my anguish upon the entire world, but instead, I stood there, tears streaming down my face, unable to hold them back. Losing the love of my life meant that there was nothing left for me. My sole purpose for coming here was to be with her and embark on a new chapter in my life, to start afresh with the woman I couldn't imagine living without. Little did I know that this would turn out to be the bitter end of our story.

Suddenly, a whirlwind of emotions took over me. I found myself sprinting through the streets of Mumbai, desperately hoping to catch a glimpse of her, to reunite with her even though deep down, I knew it was impossible. I ran until I reached the Chowpatty, scanning the surroundings in hopes of spotting her. Just as I caught a fleeting glimpse of her, she darted towards the beach. I chased after her, yearning to hold her in my arms. But as if fate had played a cruel trick on me, I found myself partially submerged in the water, while she remained elusive. I covered my face with both hands and wept uncontrollably. Sooner rather than later, I came to realize that I had lost the love of my life in the city of dreams. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PENCIL

Success happens when when you keep trying!